Mentoring and Educating Diverse Students and Trainees to Excel as Physicians (MEDSTEP)
MEDSTEP grew out of an identified need for additional community and structured mentorship across The Warren Alpert Medical School and the affiliated hospitals for individuals who self-identify as underrepresented in medicine.
The program uses a group and peer mentorship model that includes students, residents, housestaff, and attendings to build community and create a safe space for discussion, education and professional growth.
- Establish a system of mentorship for all medical students and trainees who self-identify as UIM
- Utilize the group mentorship model and peer mentorship to leverage the resources of the entire AMS UIM community
- Prepare mentors and mentees to address challenging professional situations
- Strengthen the sense of community at AMS for UIM faculty, trainees and students
- Create a safe space for discussion, education and professional growth
Questions? Email the OBEDI